The mission of Maryville High School is to provide an appropriately challenging and relevant educational program in a safe, caring, and supportive environment that enables all students to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in their post-secondary choices and to function in and contribute to a global society.
Maryville High School envisions a bright, challenging future in which it remains relevant by adapting to an ever-changing world while continuing to be faithful to its beliefs and mission, consistently enabling all students to reach their maximum potential and become successful contributors to society and responsible citizens of the world.
1.Young adults are transitioning from concrete thinking, to abstract reasoning, into self- directed learning.
2. An effective high school education prepares and motivates students to successfully transition to post-secondary instruction and the work force.
3. Maryville High School students will learn in a safe, healthy, and diverse environment that fosters their development through nurturing relationships and positive connections to learning.
4. Maryville High School students will acquire skills to analyze, evaluate, and apply information, to identify and solve problems, and to think critically and creatively.
5. Students actively and consistently participate in rigorous, relevant, and student-centered learning experiences that are both individual and collaborative.
6. Curriculum and instruction are linked to state and national standards, and various assessment tools are used to measure mastery.
7. Teachers use a variety of instructional strategies, activities, and assessments to monitor, differentiate, and evaluate student learning.
8. Instructional strategies are aligned with current research and with data collected through student assessment and evaluation.
9. Instruction will include focused efforts to enable students to achieve excellence in a globally changing society.
10. Maryville High School stakeholders have a responsibility to share in decision-making, the development of policy regarding student learning, and fulfilling the mission of our school.
MHS School Profile
Please read the attachment to learn more about our school.
MHS by the Numbers
Click on the attachment to download and view the latest "By the Numbers"